1. Z. Z. Yang*, Z. W. Niu, Y. F. Lu*, Z. B. Hu, C. C. Han, "Templated synthesis of inorganic hollow spheres with tunable cavity size onto core/shell gel particles", Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2003, 42, 1943-1945.
Titania/polymer capsules and hollow titania spheres are prepared by using sulfonated-polystyrene core–shell gel particles as templates.
2. Z. L. Yang, Z. W. Niu, X. Y. Cao, Z. Z. Yang*, Y. F. Lu*, Z. B. Hu, C. C. Han, "Template synthesis of uniform one dimensional mesostructured silica materials and their arrays in anodic alumina membranes", Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2003, 42, 4201-4203.
Taking control: One-dimensional mesostructured silica materials and their arrays are prepared in anodic alumina membranes.
3. L. Feng, Z. L. Yang, J. Zhai, Y. L. Song, B. Q. Liu, Y. M. Ma, Z. Z. Yang*, L. Jiang*, D. B. Zhu, "Superhydrophobicity of nanostructured carbon films in a wide range of pH values", Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2003, 42, 4217-4220.
Nanostructured graphitelike carbon films are prepared through a simple pyrolysis method.
4. Z. W. Niu, Z. Z. Yang*, Z. B. Hu, Y. F. Lu*, C. C. Han, "Polyaniline/silica composite capsules and hollow spheres", Adv. Funct. Mater. 2003, 13, 949-954.
The preparation of monodisperse polyaniline (PANi)–silica composite capsules and hollow spheres on monodisperse core–gel-shell template particlesis reported.
5. L. J. Ji, J. H. Rong, Z. Z. Yang*, "Opal gel templated synthesis of oblate titania opal materials", Chem. Commun. 2003, 1080-1081.
Ordered arrays of oblate titania bodies were template synthesized using opal gel templates under uniaxial compression at ambient temperature during the favorable titania sol/gel process.
6. Z. W. Niu, D. Li, Z. Z. Yang*, Z. B. Hu, Y. F. Lu*, C. C. Han, "Responsive binary composite hydrogel opals", Chem. Phys. Chem. 2003, 4, 865-868.
Colorful response: Binary hydrogel opalswith a partial interpenetrating network are shown to be pH responsive.
7. B. McCaughey, C. Costello, D. H. Wang, J. E. Hampsey, Z. Z. Yang, C. J. Li, C. J. Brinker, Y. F. Lu*, "Self-assembly of mesostructured conjugated poly(2,5-thienylene ethynylene)/silica nanocomposites", Adv. Mater. 2003, 15, 1266-1269.
Mesostructured conjugated polymer/silica nanocomposites have been synthesized via surfactant-directed assembly of monomeric materials in silica followed by polymerization.
8. Y. F. Lu*, B. F. McCaughey, D. H. Wang, J. E. Hampsey, N. Doke, Z. Z. Yang, C. J. Brinker, "Aerosol-assisted formation of mesostructured thin films", Adv. Mater. 2003, 15, 1733-1736.
Anewaerosol-assisted surfactant self-assembly approachhas been developed for large-scale mesostructured silica thin film fabrication.
9. X. L. Ji, J. E. Hampsey, Q. Y. Hu, J. B. He, Z. Z. Yang*, Y. F. Lu*, "Mesoporous silica-reinforced polymer nanocomposites", Chem. Mater. 2003, 15, 3656-3662.
Polymer−mesoporous silica nanocomposites have been prepared by infiltration and subsequent polymerization of the monomers within and among mesoporous silica particles, which serve as pseudo-cross-linking points and improve mechanical properties.
10. Z. Z. Yang*, J. H. Rong, D. Li, "Meso-structured polymeric hydrogels", Chinese J. Polym. Sci. 2003, 21, 175-180.
Meso-structured (opal and inverse opal) polymeric hydrogels of varied morphology and composition were prepared by using two methods: post-modification of the template-synthesized structured polymers and templatepolymerization of functional monomers.
11. H. T. Bu, Z. Z. Yang*, Y. X. Zhang, "Experimental characterization of fluorocarbon-modified polyacrylamide/surfactant aqueous solutions", Chinese J. Polym. Sci. 2003, 21, 297-302.
The interaction between surfactants and fluorocarbon-modified polyacrylamide(FC-PAM) in aqueous solutions was evaluated by theological means and fluorescence spectroscopy and was found to be strong regardless of the surfactant's nature.
12. Z. W. Niu, D. Li, Z. Z. Yang*, "Porous membrane templated synthesis of polymer pillared layer", Chinese J. Polym. Sci. 2003, 21, 381-384.
The anodic porous alumina membranes with a definite pore diameter and aspect ratio were used as templates to synthesize polymer pillared layer structures.
13. J. Li, L. J. Ji, J. H. Rong, Z. Z. Yang*, "Template-synthesized opal hydrogels", Chinese Sci. Bull. 2003, 48, 1803-1806.
Opal hydrogels could be synthesized with polymer inverse opal template.
14. 李君, 纪立军, 容建华, 马劲, 杨振忠*, "模板法制备水凝胶微粒三维有序结构", 科学通报 2003, 48, 1414-1417.