1. B. Liu, W. Wei, X. Z. Qu, Z. Z. Yang*, "Janus colloids formed by bi-phasic grafting at pickering emulsion interface", Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 3973-3975.
Herein we present the formation of Janus colloids by simultaneous biphasic grafting of different polymer brushes onto the two parts of a Pickering colloid at a liquid/liquid emulsion interface by atomic transfer radical polymerization.
2. W. Wei, Z. Z. Yang*, "Template synthesis of hierarchically structured composites", Adv. Mater. 2008, 20, 2965-2969.
Template synthesis is a major tool to control both the macroscopic morphology and microstructures of these composites, in which gel colloids and supramolecular structures from amphiphilic species are used as templates.
3. Z. G. Jin, Y. D. Wang, J. G. Liu*, Z. Z. Yang*, "Synthesis and properties of paraffin capsules as phase change materials", Polymer 2008, 49, 2903-2910.
The capsules containing high melt temperature paraffin as a representative phase change material have been synthesized by in situ encapsulation by polymerization of urea–formaldehyde precursor.
4. C. L. Zhang, S. J. Ding, J. J. Li, H. F. Xu, L. L. Sun, W. Wei, C. P. Li, J. G. Liu, X. Z. Qu, Y. F. Lu, Z. Z. Yang*, "Interpenetration network (IPN) assisted transcription of polymeric hollow spheres: a general approach towards composite hollow spheres", Polymer 2008, 49, 3098-3102.
Starting from a parent PS hollow sphere, IPN polymer composite hollow spheres have been synthesized by a swell polymerization within the shell.
5. X. L. Yu, S. J. Ding, Z. K. Meng, J. G. Liu*, X. Z. Qu, Y. F. Lu*, Z. Z. Yang*,"Aerosol assisted synthesis of silica/phenolic resin composite mesoporous hollow spheres", Colloid Polym. Sci. 2008, 286, 1361-1368.
6. W. Wei, C. L. Zhang, S. J. Ding, X. Z. Qu, J. G. Liu, Z. Z. Yang*, "Template synthesis of hydrogel composite hollow spheres against polymeric hollow latex", Colloid Polym. Sci. 2008, 286, 881-888.
We have developed a facile swelling polymerization route using a polymer hollow sphere as template to synthesize hierarchically structured hydrogel hollow spheres.
7. S. J. Ding, C. L. Zhang, X. Z. Qu, J. G. Liu, Y. F. Lu*, Z. Z. Yang*, "Porous carbon and carbon composite hollow spheres", Colloid Polym. Sci. 2008, 286, 1093-1096.
We propose a template approach toward synthesis of carbon hollow spheres by direct carbonization of highly crosslinked sulfonated polystyrene gel hollow spheres (sPS).
8. C. P. Li, J. G. Liu, X. Z. Qu, B. C. Guo, Z. Z. Yang*, "Polymer-modified halloysite composite nanotube", J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 2008, 110, 3638-3646.
A facile method had been developed for the synthesis of one-dimensional composites by grafting polymers onto halloysite nanotubes via ATRP.
9. J. X. Gu, W. P. Cheng, J. G. Liu, S. Y. Lo, D. Smith, X. Z. Qu*, Z. Z. Yang*, "pH-triggered reversible "stealth" polycationic micelles", Biomacromolecules 2008, 9, 255-262.
PH-triggered "stealth" polycationic micelles with a unique pH-switched cationic surface have been synthesized by conjugating PEG chains onto amphiphilic cationic polymers via a pH responsive linker, i.e., benzoic imine.
10. D. C. Pan, L. J. An, Z. M. Sun, W. Hou, Y. Yang, Z. Z. Yang*, Y. F. Lu*, "Synthesis of Cu-In-S ternary nanocrystals with tunable structure and composition", J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 5620-5621.
11. Z. L. Yang, J. W. Wang, K. Huang, J. Ma, Z. Z. Yang*, Y. F. Lu*, "Functional mesoporous polymers from phenolic building oligomers", Macromol. Rapid Commun. 2008, 29, 442-446.
12. S. D. Miao, C. L. Zhang, Z. M. Liu*, B. X. Han, Y. Xie, S. J. Ding, Z. Z. Yang*, "Highly efficient nanocatalysts supported on hollow polymer nanospheres: synthesis, characterization and applications", J. Phys. Chem. C 2008, 112, 774-780.
13. Y. Xie, C. L. Zhang, S. D. Miao, Z. M. Liu*, K. L. Ding, Z. J. Miao, G. M. An, Z. Z. Yang*, "One-pot synthesis of ZnS/polymer composites in supercritical CO2-Ethanol solution and their applications in degradation of dyes", J. Colloid. Interf. Sci. 2008, 318, 110-115.
14. K. Zhang, X. L. Yu, L. Gao, Y. M. Chen*, Z. Z. Yang*, "Mesostructured spheres of organic/inorganic hybrid from gelable block copolymers and arched nano-objects thereof", Langmuir 2008, 24, 6542-6548.
Mesostructured spheres of organic/inorganic hybrid with different internal structure have been synthesized by self-gelation of the preformed aerosols of a gelable block copolymer PTEPM-b-PS.
15. K. Zhang, L. Gao, Y. M. Chen*, Z. Z. Yang*, "Onionlike spherical polymer composites with controlled dispersion of gold nanoclusters", Chem. Mater. 2008, 20, 23-25.