1. B. Liu, C. L. Zhang, J. G. Liu, X. Z. Qu*, Z. Z. Yang*, "Janus non-spherical colloids by asymmetric wet-etching", Chem. Commun. 2009, 45, 3871-3873.
Non-spherical silica Janus colloids are prepared by asymmetric wet-etching at the Pickering emulsion interface, and a variety of non-spherical hybrid silica/PS Janus colloids are derived with tunable polymer volume fraction and morphology.
2. Z. L. Yang, Y. F. Lu*, Z. Z. Yang*, "Mesoporous materials: tunable structure, morphology and composition", Chem. Commun. 2009, 45, 2270-2277.
Recent progress in the synthesis of inorganic, hybrid and organic mesoporous materials at multiple length scales and morphologies is briefly summarized.
3. S. J. Ding, B. Liu, C. L. Zhang, Y. Wu, H. F. Xu, X. Z. Qu*, J. G. Liu, Z. Z. Yang*, "Amphiphilic mesoporous silica composite nanosheets", J. Mater. Chem. 2009, 19, 3443-3448.
We have reported a new approach to fabricate mesoporous silica composite nanosheets by milling the corresponding hollow spheres.
4. S. J. Ding, C. L. Zhang, W. Wei, X. Z. Qu, J. G. Liu*, Z. Z. Yang*, "Amphiphilic patchy composite colloids", Macromol. Rapid Commun. 2009, 30, 475-480.
A new approach to fabricate patchy silica/polymeric gel composite colloids with amphiphilic performance is reported.
5. S. J. Ding, W. Wei, Z. Z. Yang*, "Composite colloids and patterning", Polymer 2009, 50, 1609-1615.
We summarize the recent progress in morphology and composition control of various spherical, non-spherical composite colloids and their patterning. Hollow colloids, ellipsoidal colloids and their patterning are highlighted for their unique properties as well as broad applications.
6. J. J. Li, S. J. Ding, C. L. Zhang*, Z. Z. Yang*, "Synthesis of composite eccentric double-shelled hollow spheres", Polymer 2009, 50, 3943-3949.
Eccentric double-shelled hollow polyethylacrylate (PEA)/polystyrene (PS) crosslinked composite spheres were synthesized by phase separation during swelling polymerization of their mother polymer hollow spheres.
7. C. P. Li, J. G. Liu, X. Z. Qu, Z. Z. Yang*, "A general synthesis approach toward halloysite-based composite nanotube", J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 2009, 112, 2647-2655.
We have demonstrated a general template synthesis halloysite-based composite nanotube. Starting from a parent halloysite nanotube, polymer composite nanotubes were synthesized by atom transfer radical polymerization(ATRP).
8. C. X. Ding, J. X. Gu, X. Z. Qu*, Z. Z. Yang*, "Preparation of multifunctional drug carrier for tumor-specific uptake and enhanced intracellular delivery through the conjugation of weak acid labile linker", Bioconjugate Chem. 2009, 20, 1163-1170.
We demonstrate that multifuctional drug carriers, e.g., polymeric micelles, for tumor-specific uptake and intracellular delivery can be generated from the pH-dependent progressive hydrolysis of a novel benzoic-imine linker in the micelle-forming amphiphilic polymer.
9. D. C. Pan, D. Weng, X. L. Wang, Q. F. Xiao, W. Chen, C. L. Xu*, Z. Z. Yang*, Y. F. Lu*, "Alloyed semiconductor nanocrystals with broad tunable band gaps", Chem. Commun. 2009, 45, 4221-4223.
Nearly monodisperse alloyed (CuInS2)x(ZnS)1x nanocrystals with cubic and hexagonal phases were successfully synthesized for the first time, and the band gaps of these alloyed nanocrystals can be tuned in the broad range of 1.5 to 3.7 eV by changing the ratio of CuInS2 to ZnS.
10. R. Kou, Q. Y. Hu, D. H. Wang, V. T. John, Z. Z. Yang*, Y. F. Lu*, "Direct synthesis of ordered mesoporous polymer/carbon nanofilaments with controlled mesostructures", J. Porous Mater. 2009, 16, 315-319.
One-dimensional mesoporous polymer/carbon nanofilaments with controlled mesostructures have been prepared by an infiltration process of phenolic oligomers/surfactant into anodized alumina membranes followed by carbonization.
11. 李建军, 张成亮, 丁书江, 屈小中, 杨振忠*, "模板法制备复合中空微球", 高等学校化学学报 2009, 30, 1904-1906.
12. J. Jing, S. J. Ding, C. L. Zhang, C. H. Chen, X. H. Rao, G. D. Dang, Z. Z. Yang, H. W. Zhou*, "Fabrication of size-controllable hollow nano-spheres based on polyimides composites", Mater. Chem. Phys. 2009, 116, 330-334.
Uniform and size-controllable PI composite hollow spheres were fabricated by means of in situ favorable adsorption within sulfonated polystyrene hollow sphere templates.
13. B. H. Yang, H. Y. Xu,* Z. Z. Yang, X. Y. Liu, "Design and architecture of low-dielectric-constant organic–inorganic hybrids from octahydridosilsesquioxanes", J. Mater. Chem. 2009, 19, 9038-9044.
Molecular design and architecture of four novel organic–inorganic network hybrids were implemented via hydrosilylative addition reaction of octahydridosilsesquioxanes (H8-POSS) with dienes.