1. Q. Wang, J. L. Li, C. L. Zhang, X. Z. Qu, J. G. Liu*, Z. Z. Yang*, "Regenerative superhydrophobic coating from microcapsules", J. Mater. Chem. 2010, 20, 3211-3215.
A facile approach is proposed to fabricate a lotus leaf effect superhydrophobic coating constructed from calcium hydroxide microcapsules with a porous polymer shell.
2. C. Tang, C. L. Zhang*, J. G. Liu, X. Z. Qu, J. L. Li, Z. Z. Yang*, "Large scale synthesis of Janus submicrometer sized colloids by seeded emulsion polymerization", Macromolecules 2010, 43, 5114-5120.
We present a facile approach to produce submicrometer sized Janus PAN/PS polymer colloids by seeded emulsion polymerization.
3. C. L. Zhang, B. Liu, C. Tang, J. G. Liu, X. Z. Qu, J. L. Li, Z. Z. Yang*, "Large scale synthesis of Janus submicron sized colloids by wet etching anisotropic ones", Chem. Commun. 2010, 46, 4610-4612.
We present a facile approach to fabricate Janus submicron sized colloids by the selective etching of anisotropic colloids. Size ratio, microstructure and composition are tunable.
4. C. X. Ding, L. L. Zhao, F. Y. Liu, J. Cheng*, J. X. Gu, Shan-Dan, C. Y. Liu, X. Z. Qu*, Z. Z. Yang*, "Dually responsive injectable hydrogel prepared by in situ cross-linking of glycol chitosan and benzaldehyde-capped PEO-PPO-PEO", Biomacromolecules 2010, 11, 1043-1051.
Injectable hydrogels with pH and temperature triggered drug release capability were synthesized based on biocompatible glycol chitosan and benzaldehyde-capped poly(ethylene glycol)-block-poly(propylene glycol)-blockpoly(ethylene glycol).
5. Y. Wu, C. L. Zhang, X. Z. Qu, Z. P. Liu*, Z. Z. Yang*, "Light-triggered reversible phase transfer of composite colloids", Langmuir 2010, 26, 9442-9448.
Composite colloids were prepared via grafting optically responsive spiropyran polymer brushes onto silica colloids. Similar to spiropyran, the polymer brushes undergo a reversible inversion from a hydrophobic state to a hydrophilic state upon irradiation with UV light (or vice versa by visible light).
6. Y. Wu, L. Y. Huang, Z. P. Liu*, Z. Z. Yang*,"Facile preparation of curved polymer composite nanosheets", Polymer 2010, 51, 3075-3082.
A facile no-template approach for fabricating curved polystyrene (PS) nanosheets by miniemulsion polymerization technique was developed.
7. Y. Wu, X. Z. Qu, L. Y. Huang, D. Qiu, C. L. Zhang, Z. P. Liu*, Z. Z. Yang*, L. Feng*, "Optically switchable organic hollow nanocapsules", J. Colloid Inter. Sci. 2010, 343, 155-161.
Hollow nanocapsules with both photoswitchable-fluorescent and reversible-photochromic properties are synthesized via a one-pot non-templating microemulsion copolymerization using methyl methacrylate and methacrylated spiropyran as co-monomers.
8. Q. Zhou, J. Li, C. L. Zhang, X. Z. Qu, J. G. Liu, J. L. Li, Z. Z. Yang*, "Janus composite nanorings by combinational template synthesis and skiving micro-process", Polymer 2010, 51, 3606-3611.
Janus composite nanorings are fabricated by skiving the corresponding arrayed nanotubes.
9. Y. Xie, K. L. Ding, Z. M. Liu*, J. J. Li, G. M. An, R. T. Tao, Z. Y. Sun, Z. Z. Yang*, "The immobilization of glycidyl-group-containing ionic liquids and its application in CO2 cycloaddition reactions", Chem. Eur. J. 2010, 16, 6687-6692.
Covalent immobilization of glycidyl-group-containing ionic liquids (ILs) on organic and inorganic supports with functional surfaces was achieved, based on the fact that the glycidyl group can actively react with almost all nucleophilic, electrophilic, neutral, and free-radical species.
10. K. Zhang, L. Gao, Y. M. Chen*, Z. Z. Yang, "Onion-like microspheres with tricomponent from gelable triblock copolymers", J. Colloid Inter. Sci. 2010, 346, 48-53.
Functional microspheres with three alternate layers were obtained by aerosol-assisted self-assembly of poly(3-(triethoxysilyl)propyl methacrylate)-block-polystyrene-block-poly(2-vinylpyridine)triblock copolymer and then a gelation process in the selected layers.
11. B. H. Yang, H. Y. Xu*, Z. Z. Yang, C. Zhang, "Controllable preparation of ultra-low-dielectric nanoporous silica via inorganic-organic hybrid templates", J. Mater. Chem. 2010, 20, 2469-2473.
Four organic–inorganic hybrids were respectively synthesized via hydrosilylative addition reaction between octahydridosilsesquioxane (POSS) and linear dienes with different numbers of methylene groups.